
Right now I am sitting in the Phoenix airport on a 4 hour layover on our way to Mexico. If I didn't get the chance to tell you what I'm doing, here goes. For one of my engineering classes we have been working with engineering students in Mexico on some civil engineering-related projects in Mexico. My project involves flood mitigation in the city of Tlaltenango. For the next week, we will be in Zacatecas working on the project, presenting our results, etc etc, and living up the spring break that BYU doesn't give us. So it will be quite fun, but a great learning experience at the same time.
The downside of all this? Being away from Keriann and Johnny all week :( But they will be visiting Keri's family in Seattle, which will be good for them.

I'm graduating! This is my last semester and I will graduate in April. The company for which I have been interning for the last year or so (JUB Engineering) made me a job offer. So I will be working there full-time beginning in May. I have also been accepted to BYU's graduate program. So, along with working at JUB, I will be working on a Master's in Civil Engineering beginning in September. That, along with the new baby, will keep us pretty busy. That means that we'll be in Orem for at least a few more years.
Oh, you're probably wondering about something that I just dropped in there towards the end of the last paragraph. That's right...I said "Orem." We found a new place to live that will be quite a step up and much more hospitable to all of you when you come visit. It is a 3 bedroom newly remodeled basement just off of 1600 South in Orem. We are very excited to move in at the beginning of April.
It just seems like everything is changing with school ending, a "new" job, new house, and of course, Johnny becoming a big brother.

Johnny is getting bigger everyday. He crawls all over and can stand on his own, but he is not walking yet. He has 4 teeth (2 front bottom and top). He also says, "Dadda" and "Momma." And he thinks (correctly) that he runs the house.
Keriann is also getting bigger, but for different reasons (she's not really big at all...I just thought that would be a good segue into the next topic). Ok, so here it is...Number 2 is on the way! Keri is about 3 months along and she handled the first trimester much better this time than last time. The baby is due on September 21 - so it could end up on Daylen's birthday or Cori's birthday (or anybody else's birthday in September). We waited this long to tell people because Keri wanted to tell her sisters in person. We already told Mom and Dad and, surprise surprise, Mom did a great job of not letting it slip. Thanks Mom.
So there it is. I'll give you updates when we find out the gender and anything else that is going on. We hope you are all doing great. Keep in touch.
1 comment:
Shut up! Congrats and all of those happy things. Thanks to Stephen I found out online, probably an hour or so before Keri could tell me. That little stinker.
Post a Comment