Saturday, May 16, 2009

Johnny's 1st Birthday


He is now a 1 year old. That kid is growing fast and loving every minute of it. And we are loving every minute of it too.

His birthday was Friday (May 15). In fact, part of the significance of his name (John) is that he was born on the Commemoration of the Priesthood on which day John the Baptist restored the Aaronic Priesthood in 1829 (D&C 13).

On Thursday we went to the store to pick up some stuff for his birthday party. As we were strolling along, he reached out and grabbed a plastic baseball bat. I decided it would be a good birthday present. He has hardly let it out of his sight since.



Grandma and Grandpa Perkins stopped by on their way home to Mesquite. They gave Johnny some wonderful presents, but the best present was that he got to see them on his birthday.




We had a little party for him that night. We put some newspaper down, took off his shirt, and then gave him some cake. He was a little shy at first with everyone watching him, but he eventually got the idea and started chowin down.




After his sugar rush, he crashed pretty hard and slept all night...well, most of the night. Overall, I would definitely have to say that his favorite present was the balloons. The wiffle balls and bat came in a close 2nd.


3 comments:

Bryson Perkins said...

Sounds like fun! Did you really partly base his name on John the Baptist because of the date? I never knew that. It was actually only in the last couple years that I realized that's why the Father's and Son's outing is always in mid-May.

Keri said...

Umm, are you ever going to update? It's been six months. I love you

Brad and Keri said...

You still haven't updated. I look forward to your next post. I love you very much. And I enjoy commenting on your blog.