Thursday, July 10, 2008

Are the Cubs the best baseball team?

This is something I once wrote on my website...when I had a website...which I actually still have, but I don't even visit it and I don't expect anyone else to either. It's actually unfinished because it was a class assignment which had great expectations and potential of continuing on outside the scope of my class work but eventually (and by eventually I actually mean quite quickly) fell by the wayside. Maybe I'll do some work on it sometime.


  • Q: Are the Chicago Cubs the best baseball team?
  • A: I'm sure you all are quite aware that yes, they are actually the best baseball team and I would even venture to say that they are the best in the history of the game. Some may doubt my assumptions and even attempt to prove otherwise using outcomes and statistics of past seasons, but we all know that statistics can be manipulated to say anything you want. I therefore contend that they are the best team ever. Also, unbeknownst to many is the fact that the Cubs have won every single world series for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, many people are unaware of this startling fact due to a bias against the team that is reflected in the media. Even more manipulatable than statistics is the media, and that is the cause of most of the world's problems, including widespread ignorance of Cub dominance in the world of baseball.

2 comments:

Perky's Posts said...

The cubs do rule. However, the world series thing is a bit out to lunch. As you know, a couple of your brothers, ones who are "real fans", traveled to Arizona last October to see the Cubs humiliated by the D-Backs in two games. Therefore, I know it wasn't a media bias, but a reality, as I am a witness. Nonetheless, Go Cubs! This is our year. And, as the standings show, it looks like I'm headed back to Arizona this October. Maybe fate will play a role and I'll actually travel to Anaheim to see the series.

Unknown said...

Hi Brad. Nice blog. I'm glad you put a link to your (former) website. You are quite a character - that polar bear bit, funny! I didn't know you had quite the sense of humor. Anyway, glad to see your site and your blog. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in a couple weeks!